LYNDA.COM TO BE REPLACED BY LINKEDIN LEARNING
Over the past three years, the School of Nursing in partnership with the Carey Business School has enjoyed Lynda.com as a training and skills enhancement resource. We are pleased to announce that the institution recently signed a multi-year contract with LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com a year ago.
Most LinkedIn Learning features will seem familiar to Lynda.com users with new and exclusive features to LinkedIn Learning.
- The same high-quality Lynda.com content including instruction on the use of the latest software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, and much more
- The service also covers tips on project management, people management, business writing and other topics
- The experience is now even more engaging and social
- More relevant recommendations informed by insights from the LinkedIn network of 546M+ professionals
- An enhanced user experience - new and intuitive interface, LinkedIn Learning is designed to make it easier to find relevant content
- Intelligent search - easier search and courses browsing with pre-populated popular search terms
While LinkedIn Learning is already accessible using JHED credentials with the link below, Lynda.com will remain available until the end of May 2019.
(Please do not bookmark. This link is temporary. A permanent JHU url will be published soon and made available on the myJHU portal.)
Please, refer to the sections below to ensure a smooth transition from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning.
LYNDA.COM ACCESS REMAINS UNTIL MAY 31, 2019
Lynda.com access remains available with a JHED ID and password until May 31, 2019:
- Direct access via this link
- Go to Lynda.com, click sign in at the top right. Under sign in through your organization or school, enter "nursing.jhu.edu"
- Mobile users: download the Lynda.com app for Android, iOS, and Windows 8.1 mobile. Use the same "nursing.jhu.edu" keyword.
If you have any problems logging in, please contact SON-HelpDesk@jhu.edu.
Please remember that access to Lynda.com is only available to the School of Nursing students, staff and faculty.
TRANSITIONING FROM LYNDA.COM TO LINKEDIN LEARNING
While LinkedIn Learning offers many improvements over Lynda.com, you need to be aware that your Lynda.com course history and certificates will not migrate to LinkedIn Learning. We highly recommend you follow the steps bellow to save your Lynda.com history:
You can save all your certificates as pdf files as well as post them (if you wish) to your LinkedIn profile.
You can display all the courses you have started or completed in Lynda.com and print the list to help you find and watch the same or newer video in LinkedIn Learning.
Make you are showing the entire history before printing on paper or to pdf