What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is Web-based survey software available for use by all JHU Nursing faculty, students and staff to support teaching and research at JHU. Surveys can be created and distributed by anyone with a JHED account.
For a basic overview of what Qualtrics can do for you, please see the demo here presented by Michael Vaughn May 11, 2015 http://webcast.jhu.edu/Mediasite/Play/0351b4597aba443da30e09419e2973761d
How do I get a Qualtrics account?
All School of Nursing staff, faculty and students can create an account to use Qualtrics.
- Go to https://nursingjhu.qualtrics.com
- Users will be redirected to a Johns Hopkins Enterprise Authentication page - enter JHED credentials (JHEDID@jh.edu)
- If it is the first time logging in to Qualtrics users will be shown a screen asking if they already have an account. Choose the button "I don't have a Qualtrics account".
- Qualtrics will auto create an account for users and a screen with user account information pre-filled with Username, Email, First Name, Last Name and Student status ("I am a student" checkbox and Graduation Date) will appear.
- Confirm account information making changes where necessary and click the "Update" Button.
- Users will then be taken to their personal Qualtrics dashboard where they can start creating surveys.
What if I have questions about Qualtrics?
- If you are experiencing access problems (not able to create an account or not able to login to Qualtrics), please contact HelpDesk.
- For training and online support options, click the Help link in the upper right side of the page after logging in. Select "Sign in with SSO" at the login Organization ID "NursingJHU"
- Contact Qualtrics using e-mail.
- Contact Qualtrics by phone at 1-800-340-9194.
Qualtrics will respond to support telephone calls or e-mail contacts based on the order they are received and relative importance as reasonably determined by Qualtrics. Phone or e-mail assistance from Qualtrics is available during their normal business hours, 9am - 8pm EST on weekdays (Monday - Friday), except holidays. Limited e-mail support is available after hours and weekends.
Qualtrics Support at the SON
SON Support Contacts
- Assist with JHED sign-on process and managing survey collaborators
- Direct users to correct resource (Research or Qualtrics)
- ITS does not provide assistance creating/managing Qualtrics surveys. Please see training resources below.
Research Administration Role
- Review research surveys distributed
- Provide question design consultation for research surveys
- Provide software instructions for designing research surveys
Note: Research Administration is not responsible for technical support.
- E-mail and phone support (see notes above)
Qualtrics Training Session - Qualtrics Training
Qualtrics University - http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/
Quickstart Guide - http://www.qualtrics.com/learn