What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is Web-based survey software available for use by all JHU Nursing faculty, students and staff to support teaching and research at JHU. Surveys can be created and distributed by anyone with a JHED account.
How do I get a Qualtrics account?
All School of Nursing staff, faculty and students can create an account to use Qualtrics.
- Go to https://nursingjhu.qualtrics.com/ControlPanel/
- Users will be redirected to a Johns Hopkins Enterprise Authentication page - enter JHED credentials
- If it is the first time logging in to Qualtrics users will be shown a screen asking if they already have an account (Figure 1). Choose the button "I don't have a Qualtrics account".
- Qualtrics will auto create an account for users and a screen with user account information pre-filled with Username, Email, First Name, Last Name and Student status ("I am a student" checkbox and Graduation Date) will appear (Figure 2).
- Confirm account information making changes where necessary and click the "Update" Button.
- Users will then be taken to their personal Qualtrics dashboard where they can start creating surveys.
Figure 1 - First Login
Figure 2 - Account Information
What if I have questions about Qualtrics?
- If you are experiencing access problems (not able to create an account or not able to login to Qualtrics), please contact HelpDesk.
- Most questions can be answered by going to Qualtrics Survey University. The Qualtrics website offers an extensive set of online resources.
- Contact Qualtrics using e-mail.
- Contact Qualtrics by phone at 1-800-340-9194.
Qualtrics will respond to support telephone calls or e-mail contacts based on the order they are received and relative importance as reasonably determined by Qualtrics. Phone or e-mail assistance from Qualtrics is available during their normal business hours, 9am - 8pm EST on weekdays (Monday - Friday), except holidays. Limited e-mail support is available after hours and weekends.
Qualtrics Support at the SON
SON Support Contacts
- Technical Support directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist with JHED sign-on process
- Direct users to correct resource (Research or MarCom)
- Review non-research surveys distributed to all staff and/or faculty
- Provide question design consultation for non-research surveys measuring attitudes
- Review surveys involving the strategic initiatives of the School
- Review surveys geared towards market research and analytics
Note: MarCom is not responsible for technical support.
Research Administration Role
- Review research surveys distributed
- Provide question design consultation for research surveys
- Provide software instructions for designing research surveys
Note: Research Administration is not responsible for technical support.
- E-mail and phone support (see notes above)
Qualtrics Training Session - Qualtrics Training
Qualtrics University - http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/
Quickstart Guide - http://www.qualtrics.com/learn